1.1.3 no audio ouput?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pimmysays, Jan 30, 2008.

1. pimmysays macrumors member

i updated to 1.1.3 using the jailbreak by the dev team, the one on installer. But now i dont have any audio output, any one else experiencing this problem?

2. andi030 macrumors member

Crap it looks like i have the same problem .
    If i play a track it "just" plays 1 sec and than doesn't continue
    and with the clicking(soundeffect) sound while tipping the keyboar ist just sounding over the speaker and nothing sound over the headfones :(
    HELP! PLEASE ...

(cant believe this is happeing to me ! :'(

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

4. andi030 macrumors member

well for now not really but ill try again :(
    nope :'(

5. boonleng macrumors regular

I'm guessing you guys are using the iphone fw on ipod... that's what i had and all my DRM songs wouldn't play. Until yesterday, I did the proper ipod fw and jailbreak, then everything is okay now.

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 you will have DRM problems.

7. andi030 macrumors member

first what are DRM problems?!

and secondly i went from 1.1.1.jb to 1.1.2.jb and than to 1.1.3 jb

now I recoverd to original 1.1.3 gonna try tomorrow again, and tell about if i have the same issue.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you bought songs through iTunes and skipped 1.1.2 you wont be able to play your purchased music.

9. boonleng macrumors regular

I did not skip 1.1.2. I had 1.1.2 to start with... I believe mine was due to the iPhone fw on an iPod... anyway, problem already resolved and I'm happy now... :)

10. pimmysays thread starter macrumors member

I did a 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back to 1.1.3 and don't have audio. How can I know if I have firmware for the ipod touch? and not the iphone? If that is whats causing the problem.

11. boonleng macrumors regular

You can check the installation shell script to see if it was using iPhone's or iPod's IPSW ... or... you can ssh into your ipod and see if Phone, SMS apps are in there... if they are, you are probably running iphone fw.

12. pimmysays thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, they weren't. I'm pretty sure I have all the right firmware. I'm trying to restore now but keep on getting an unknown error :(.

13. Sabrezx macrumors newbie

I had this problem last night, I used the soft update ( not the dev official one) from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. struggled with it for a bit but fixed it eventually. Go into your settings->reset->reset all settings. Worked for me, just had to input locations for weather etc again. Hope it works for you.