1.1.3 Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by D4rkShaDoWz, Feb 7, 2008.

1. D4rkShaDoWz macrumors member

If i buy a iPod touch, will 1.1.3 (new apps) come installed on the ipod? Do I have to get a Apple ID?

Also, If I decided to JB my touch, and decide that I don't like it, will I have to buy the App Pack again? or can I save the app file somewhere

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

By this point, you should get a new 1.1.3 iPod. You will know when it isn't a 1.1.3 when the price is 379.99 instead of 399.99. The 20 dollar difference is to compensate for the fact that you will buy the 20 dollar applications. And, technically you don't have to buy the applications and just upgrade to 1.1.3 to use it for rental moves and such, but the point of the 20 dollar docking by Apple is so that you can spend that money on the new apps that would be on a brand new 1.1.3 ipod from the box.

If you don't get a new 1.1.3 ipod, you will need an apple ID or AOL account to buy these applications. As well as anything else on iTunes (SDK apps, for instance).

If you decide to jailbreak your touch, then unbreaking it is possible, and you won't have to buy the applications again provided that you used an Apple ID and are on that same computer and just click "download"...but I can't say this for 100% sincerity, so someone could verify you second question.

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Apple allow to you download and install version 1.1.3 completely free. The free update which Apple offers, includes a graphical change from the current iPod touch dock image, to the iPhone dock image, and thats it. If you want the five new applications (stocks, notes, weather, maps and mail) plus the privilege of changing your icon order, and adding web bookmarks to the home screen of your iPod (web clips), this functionality costs $20 (£12.66).

To download the update you will need a Apple ID, which you can create by opening iTunes, choosing 'iTunes Store' from the left pane, and clicking 'Sign In' in the top right corner of the store. Once the pop-up box appears, it will have an option to create a new account. New accounts will require either a debit/credit account information, and/or iTunes gift cards to give you account electronic credit.

Hope this helps.
    R-Fly

4. D4rkShaDoWz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

My question really was this:

1. I just buy the touch
    2. I open it when I get home
    3. I turn it on and it says to go into itunes.
    4. Now, will I have to enter a Apple ID account to confirm the App pack being installed or will I have it already installed after I update it?

I'm mainly asking this because I don't have a Apple ID account.

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

No it won't ask for an app pack confirmation, it will just read the iPod and you are ready to go. You don't need an Apple ID unless you want to purchase from the store.