1.1.3 - Screen loses touch responsiveness

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hardercore, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hardercore macrumors newbie

Anyone else have this problem? my screen, since the update, seems to have lapses where it can't recognise any of my gestures or touches. Any ideas as to how would I go about fixing it?

2. CorTeX macrumors member

I'm going to send my touch back beacause (don't know if its 1.3 tought) there are some area were i can't touch. For exemple in the keyboard, 4 or 5 letters doesn't work anymore. I tried 3 restore and more reset.

3. resqguy macrumors newbie

In addition to the issues you have described above I now seem to have an issue with the screen being TOO sensitive. While attempting to type, the keyboard seems to select letters my fingers are hovering above but not touching. Also, while scrolling on the web the pages "stutter" (not sure how else to describe it). All issues began imediately after 1.1.3 update and install of new apps (yep, I bought 'em).
    Anyone else seen anything similar??
    -Mike

4. CorTeX macrumors member

I try to find a way to reproduce the issue, but atm it's working normally

5. permutated macrumors member

I've had this problem, but only when I'm viewing web pages or youtube videos.

It's strange, and I mostly attribute it to an overload of information coming in.

When is this happening to yours?

6. CorTeX macrumors member

Here it is happening for no reason, most of the time when i restore, reset the settings, things like that. For exemple it worked then i reset the settings from the ipods and the bug shows up, then i changed the language of the ipod and the issue was gone. Sometimes i do that and it's still working. Actually i'am not able to reproduce it since yesterday wich is not good for me because I want to show it to Apple.

7. CorTeX macrumors member

lol now the ipod is going completly crazy, type things without I even touch it dn't respond to anything etc.

8. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I have that too, if a webpage is loading it wont allow me to scroll or something, but that happens on my Mac too, so I don't see it as a problem.

9. Dikkers macrumors member

i had it not respond, then do everything i was trying to get it to do ages later. only had that once tho

not sure what i was doing at the time now though