1.1.3 summerboard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Nickr1313, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Nickr1313 macrumors regular

Nickr1313

everytime I try to install summerboard or customize, it always says its only for 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. Is there a way to fix this

2. cjd82187 macrumors member

As far as I know, there is no way to use it on 1.1.3 yet. I'm sure there will be an update soon though, so just hang in there!

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

customze does work you just need to manually install via ssh/scp/ftp

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

um if your using 1.1.3jb do you really need customize?

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Why not? Maybe some people like some of the skinning features.

6. JHKL macrumors newbie

While I agree that a lot of the features of "Customize" aren't required any more, it is really sad to see that Summerboard won't work with 1.1.3. I'm so used to the pic backgrounds as opposed to the straight black now. :(

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I changed my ipod's version number and managed to install via installer :D summerboard 99% works I have no homescreen wallpaper, customize so far has worked 100% with what I have asked it to do.

BEFORE DOING THE FOLLOWING MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILE

go to system>Libary>Core Services>systemversion.plist. Save this file on your computer and open it with a complatible program like wordpad. Change the 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 and bung the new file onto your touch in same place. Then go to installer and install Customized and summerboard apps. It should install with no problem.

8. JHKL macrumors newbie

By "homescreen" I assume you mean the main screen with all the icons and not the "slide to unlock" screen, right?

If so, does anyone know if there's another way to set the homescreen wallpaper?

9. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Same issue here...for me biggest drawback is no springboard wallpaper. Once I can put any wallpaper on the springboard I'll be set.

10. Nickr1313 thread starter macrumors regular

Nickr1313

can I then change it back to 1.1.3??

11. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

You can change it back to 1.1.3 if you want, but I don't really see the point. It seems most of the 1.1.2 apps are working fine in 1.1.3, so why not fool installer into letting you install 1.1.2 apps on your 1.1.3?

PS: I'm installing SummerBoard and Customize for the sole purpose of changing that hideous dock icon.

Edit: It appears the dock customization is broken in 1.1.3 under Sumerboard and Customize. Ahh well, I can live with it for a few more days.

12. Nicky-Larson macrumors member

Can you Change the Background Wallpaper?

I just want to ask you if this method will let you change the wallpaper from the pure Black that is there. It is so irritating that I have all this pretty wall papers and I can't do a thing with them. Please Help

13. ARCHA1C macrumors newbie

People like youa re the reason so many forums suck...
    Try reading the handful of posts above before you go asking a question that may have already been answered.
    People like you are nothing but a hinderance to forums because you're completely selfish, inefficient and impatient.
    Here, I'll spoon feed you since that seems to be the only way to appease people like you..

14. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502