1.1.3 to 1.1.4 NOT Jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSheahan, Mar 18, 2008.

1. iSheahan macrumors member

I've seen a LOT of comments/articles/posts/etc from iPhone owners who discredit the 1.1.4 firmware update mainly due to it not being necessarily jailbreak-friendly. I do NOT have a jailbroken iPhone, so this is of no concern to me.

My question is two parts: 1) Is going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 with no intention of Jailbreaking my iPhone worth the claimed improvements ("Updates:" section @ end of article)? Or should I just wait for 2.0? And 2) what would Jailbreaking my iPhone accomplish for me, an AT&T customer?

Thanks! Hope to hear from you all soon.
    iSheahan
    :apple:

2. iSheahan thread starter macrumors member

well, the overwhelming response has led me to believe that no one here has any idea because everyone is running a jailbroken iPhone. LOL. Well, I put 1.1.4 on and so far so good.

I'm still curious though, from all you jailbroken iPhone users, what DOES jailbreaking your iPhone do?

(typed on my new firmware upgraded iPhone)

Thanks.
    iSheahan

3. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

4. iSheahan thread starter macrumors member

5. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

It is very easy to do. Just follow the directions in the link I gave you above. Will take about 2 minutes to do.

6. iSheahan thread starter macrumors member

Now I understand what Jailbreaking does for the iPhone, but I'm not sure why I'd want to. What kind of apps are out there that are so good that I risk doing this to my iPhone?

Is there a repository or directory of applications available to use on my iPhone? What about a post like the above one outlining the Apps available?

Thanks, again! Great info...

7. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

It all depends on what you think is important. I can't sit here and name app after app. Try looking in the Hack section on this forum for more ideas. There really is no risk for just doing a jailbreak alone. Look into a App called iLiberty to jailbreak. Very simple and no risk to the phone unless you did something wrong.