1.1.3 Video Stutters on TV Playback

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Jan 19, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Just like the title says, when I watch video on my iPod touch connected to the TV, it stutters every 15 seconds or so... it's highly annoying. I rebooted my iPod and even shut off wifi and it STILL skips. Anyone else notice any strange jumps or stutters in their video playback on 1.1.3?

2. surefire09 macrumors member

try another video? tv? check settings thats its not PAL or something else? restore ipod? do some trouble shoot
    where are these videos from?

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I first noticed it on an iTunes rental, but now its doing it to all my videos over 480px wide. I'm using NTSC with widescreen off. I don't know what else to try. Does it make a difference that its plugged into the Universal Dock (2007)?

The thing is, I haven't changed the videos, only the firmware, so I assume its a bug in the new firmware.

Update: I plugged the iPod touch directly into the AV cable and it still skipped. Also, I tried some 480px wide videos and those skipped too. What the heck is going on here? Is this a bug with 1.1.3? Does anyone else have 1.1.3 so they can see if it stutters for you too?

4. rottstin macrumors newbie

I have 1.1.3 with the $20 app package installed. The video is great and there is no stuttering. I connected via the dock and composite cable. Just out of curiosity I removed the Ipod and cable from the dock and connected it directly to the Ipod. It did not work. I also tried it with a different, non-Apple "universal" dock. It also did not work. I had it set to widescreen and when I changed the setting it looked wonderful. When you connect via the dock it will ask if you want the video displayed on the TV and when you answer yes it starts up immediately.

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I know how video works, mine just skips for some reason and it never used to do that even with the same videos.

6. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I now know that I am not alone on this issue. My friend's friend has an iPod touch that stutters on 1.1.3 and I also found this thread on Apple.com:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1347612&tstart=0

I just think not a lot of people watch video on their TV.

Bump: 1.1.4 did NOT fix this issue. Looks like I'll be putting in another bug report later. Damnit.

7. freeride732 macrumors newbie

videos stutter and crash 1.1.4

I have a 1.1.4 8gb touch that came with soft pack and the videos stutter and crash even when played just on the iPod. Also the songs stutter. People I know have 1.1.4 iPods that don't have this problem. So I'm wondering has anyone fixed this? Or do i have to take it back to apple? I know its not the videos because they play fine on my computer. Help??

8. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Has anyone tried this on 2.0.2 yet? Is the issue fixed? I haven't watched videos on my iPod touch/iPhone in a long time because I bought an Apple TV (after I finally gave up on trying to use my iPod touch as an Apple TV) and I gotta say... the Apple TV is a MUCH better experience than the sketchy iPod-to-TV experience.... it also looks a lot better too (better software/hardware).

9. btija macrumors newbie

Yep buddy, they fixed it on my touchy when 2.0 came out, you must have missed my yap about it after 2.0 came out. Works like a champ now with NO studder, :eek:

10. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

FREAKIN AWESOME! Thanks for the reply. I've been meaning to getting around to try it. I never put videos on my iPod touch or (now my iPhone) so I haven't thought about trying it out. I'm glad Apple FINALLY got around to fixing it though... it only took like 6 months eh?