1.1.4 don't see a difference

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vig1116, Mar 13, 2008.

1. vig1116 macrumors newbie

ok so i d/l 1.1.4 from itunes. what is new?????? i see no difference

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

exactly what it said when you installed it .... it's bug fixes, no new feature, no visual difference (although some say the text is whiter)...

this is documented on 100s of places on this site .... if you just took 10 seconds to look around ...

3. vig1116 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i did a google search and people were saying different things so i wanted to see what people on here were observing.. but thanks for answering, oh yeah and for being obnoxious about it

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

It opens e-mails faster now, very noticeable compared to 1.1.3. It's not BlackBerry fast yet, but almost there. I finally find it usable now, from that perspective. :)

5. vig1116 thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, gotta try that one.. i also see mine "wakes" faster too i hope they fixed all these little annoyances

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

There are hundreds of topics about this. Also, there is an Article on MacRumors about it. This was talked about for days after the 1.1.4 release so it's pretty easy to find out information around the forums instead of having to post ANOTHER topic on it.

7. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Me too. My safari still crashes.

8. cupofjoe macrumors regular

I don't get how some people can be so rude and full of themselves and their "mightiness" here.

There are ways to subtly drop using the search feature.

That was not the way to do it. Grow up much?

As for 1.1.4 - lot of little bug fixes, including the fixing of the SMS ordering error.

9. vig1116 thread starter macrumors newbie

once again i wanted to hear responses from our "pals" here on the boards first hand, after using it. but i guess i shouldn't think people on here could be friendly, just morons. how bout all the people with negativity abut this post not read it wow what a concept. to all others, let me know what you have experienced with this update, whether it helped or is still buggy.....

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

One of the bugs that was fixed that I personally benefited from in 1.1.4 was the bluetooth pairing in Garmin GPS. I have two Garmin Nuvi 680s that would pair up with the iPhone so that I could use the GPS as a handsfree device and be able to take and make calls all from the screen of my GPS. That feature worked flawlessly through all FW versions until 1.1.3. 1.1.3 broke this. 1.1.4 fixed this.

Some people reported that their connection problems with their bluetooth headsets were also fixed. Some people (including myself) say the battery life has improved. I constantly get 4-5 days standby with about 5-8 hours usage on both of my iPhones. I never got that with 1.1.3 or previous.

Well, those are the two things I have noticed.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Tissue? :rolleyes:

12. jimmer-uk macrumors regular

Don't worry about it mate. I've only just joined and found there to be alot of unhelpful, obnoxious know it alls, who haven't go a clue really but just like sounding good. I'm a member of many forums I visit regulary and have never come across one filled with so many idiots!!

On a better note there are also alot of helpful friendly people on here with loads of knowledge to help you out:) Just avoid the idiots, there tends to be at least one in every thread. Is it an apple thing??

13. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

Joe wins life. End of story.

14. vig1116 thread starter macrumors newbie

lmao, i know who to ignore and who to listen to ;) anyway, about the bluetooth that is good to know cause i have sync in my explorer and was always getting disconnects so i will have to see if 1.1.4 helps that now that i know..... thx guys, hopefully more people will find good fixes that come with update, let us all know when you guys come across more.