1.1.4 ipod touch jailbroken, iphone apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lofight, Mar 16, 2008.

1. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I now have an ipod touch 16GB jailbroken with Ziphone and it works, but can i have iphone apps? It worked on 1.1.1 jailbroken but 1.1.4? And if yes, is it the http://applerepo.com site?

2. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

The jailbreak program I used, at ijailbreak.com, adds the programs for you after the jailbreak process.

3. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

Is ijailbreak.com safe??

I just had loads of problems when restoring ipod to 1.1.4 and an error always came, in DFU and recovery mode... Eventually it worked.. And i think i'm going keep it this way for some time, because i really freaked out, when it seemed not to work..

4. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Yeah it's safe, it basically works the same way, you have to first restore your iPod to 1.1.4 non-jailbroke, then you just let it do it's thing and 40 seconds later it's all done. Works on all Touches.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sine you are already jailbroken, add the following

http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

then when you click ok and sources refresh go back to install and scroll down to iphone 1.1.4 applications and your set with all the applications, wiggly icons etc

I believe applerepo.com just gives the apps nothing else

6. rakesh macrumors newbie

should i install bsd sub system and any oter system soft ware before installing iphone apps and please breif me about installing summerboard also...thanx in advance

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

oh yeh sorry u need BSD Subsyetem (under system in installer) before hand, soz I had not long been up when I posted lol

summerboard is also under system, simply click it to install as normal and reboot ipod after u close installer

8. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

thanks, well actually i'm back to 1.1.4 non-jailbroken because some things went wrong.. But maybe i'll try this in some days..