1.1.4 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ny2nctova, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ny2nctova macrumors member

ny2nctova

Can someone help me jailbreak my ipod touch i got the 1.1.4 firmware. Do i have to downgrade? I need some instructions to.

Thanks

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

If you have the 8GB model then follow these instructions...

Go to

ZiPhone.org (on your PC/Mac), and click 'Download ZiPhone', then download the version you need (either Mac, or PC).

Once it is downloaded, Double click the file, click 'Unzip' and let it think for a bit. After a while (about a minutes), the program should pop up.

Plug in your iPod.

Click 'Jailbreak (iPod also supported)', And wait. White flashing text on your iPod is normal.

Your iPod should restart automatically, when finished.

Your done.

You can now install apps using the Installer on your iPod.

3. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

4. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

the method mentioned only works with the 8gb touch (currently)

for the 16gb and 32gb touch, the easiest way that i have found is revert to 1.1.1- jailbreak via jailbreakme.com - install OKTOPREP via installer - shift+ UPDATE via itunes to 1.1.2 - run the jailbreak from your computer - then go to installer- sources - edit - add - http://ipotuchmaster.com/files/repo.xml - then install the 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 jailbreak + iphone apps soft update - wait ~30 minutes

5. loramarie06 macrumors newbie

actually, i was wondering the same thing and i found something that worked and was really easy...go to www.ziphone.org or google ziphone and all you have to do is download it and make sure you touch is hooked up to your computer and it does everything for you.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1