1.1.4 to 2.0 upgrade but legit O2 sim usage?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnnyhungus, Jul 16, 2008.

1. johnnyhungus macrumors newbie

I have bought another (got an O2 contract one) iPhone for my other half to use.

This iPhone has been unlocked/jailbroken and has got 1.1.4 (4A102) firmware on it. My question is this - can I put firmware 2.0 onto this phone and use my missus' O2 simcard in it legitimately?

After reading elsewhere that you can do this with contract phones when you upgrade to a 3G iPhone, can I do this with the phone I have bought off a frien (don't think it was on contract)?

TIA for any pointers.

2. dickovski macrumors regular

dickovski

3. johnnyhungus thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dickovski macrumors regular

dickovski

5. jjtomo macrumors newbie

problem

i have just brought a friends unlocked iphone, i am currently 6 months through an o2 contract and was wondering whether i am able to update from 1.1.4 to 2.0? i am aware that o2 are bringing out a pay as you function using 2.0 so can i use this with my contract? speedy response regards Jack

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

If its a UK phone then yes just put your contract SIM in and you should be good to go. If its an 18 month contract O2 will even allow you transition it to an iPhone tariff without need for extension

7. jjtomo macrumors newbie

so is it just a case of pluging my iphone into itunes and updating? simple as?