1.1.4 updated iPhone won't show up in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tobefirst, Mar 10, 2008.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Alright, help me out here. What am I doing wrong?

I had a 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone that I just decided to update to 1.1.4, so I clicked on "Update" in iTunes, and it seemed to work. Springboard showed up with all its icony goodness and the little message telling me how to move the icons. However, it never showed up in the iTunes source list, and now all it will show is the "connect to iTunes" screen.

I updated iTunes to 7.6.1, but that didn't help. I've unplugged and replugged in the iPhone several times. I've restarted the phone. I've restarted iTunes. Next is restarting the computer.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I should note that this is one of two computers I sync from, but that this *is* the main one, and the one I have done any updates from in the past.

2. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Eh.

I had to force it to restore, but it's showing up now. I don't know what the deal was, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. :)

3. sdianda macrumors newbie

I have had the same problem several times. I turned in my old iphone because it had issues and they gave me what I think is a refurbished one. Well from the first moment I plugged it in, it had problems. iTunes was erroring out with it and then when i actually got it to recognize it, it was still acting slightly weird. Would sync really slowly or not recognize it. Now, for the second time it finally see's the phone after much struggling but it wants to restore the phone. My phone is hacked but it was doing this before the hack. The hack is what made it act more normal. How do I stop this from happening. Each time I have to restore and rehack my phone, it takes about 3 hours. I think the iphone is so highly over rated. I am a die hard mac fan, and I have been for 25+ years but I am having my doubts, especially when Apple went to bed with Intel. I am about to smash this damn phone with a hammer. I don't know one single person who hasn't had to take there phone in to an apple store and get a new one. Enough Ranting. If you can help, please do.