1.1.4 vs 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by chainprayer, Jul 11, 2008.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch right now with lots of apps. How are the (free) apps that are available with 2.0? Is it worth giving them up to go to what 2.0 has to offer?

2. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I restored my device before upgrading to 2.0, and it worked fine.

However, I think that the applications currently available aren't worth upgrading for. Many of them are basically web apps, like MySpace Mobile, The LA Times, Ebay, and so on. There are also some that were previously free, such as Band, Karajan ($14.95!), and Metronome. If you are solely upgrading for applications, I would recommend sticking with a jailbroken device, for now at least. 2.0 has already been jailbroken, so a public release should be soon.

4. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

My sentiments too

5. GUILTIE macrumors regular

I agree, I'll probably wait until there's a killer app on 2.0 or until it's jailbroken. I just can't see the benefit; i have free games on mine already and I have a pimpin' theme, why ditch that for some buggy web apps?

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Once it's jailbroken I think it'll be good. I have it Vanilla 2.0 and I'm not liking the standard theme at all, that's the main thing I miss. Apart from that, the killer app really is Remote at the moment, it's quality.

7. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol i have iphone remote installed which seems to have way more features anyway

8. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

Don't fix something that's NOT BROKE !! 2.0 IS A JOKE !!

9. mrmarky macrumors member

I'm about to dump v2, the apps on jailbreak are far better than that from Apple, and free.

My touch has also become buggy since v2 , as previous 1.1.4 never crashed out ever it run perfect.

Its become more laggy and crashing a lot more, v2 has some nice improvements to the back end of the system but nothing I would miss.

the only apps I like with v2 are the Facebook & Remote app but no loss :)

V1.1.4 is like a Nice slim bird aged about 18 that puts out on the 1st date and all your mates want a go but you wont let them because you love her - v2 feels like a 49 year old 28 stone pregnant girl you would let your mates have a go but would they want too !