1.11 does iPod crash when using Safari?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NYCphone, Sep 29, 2007.

?

Does the iPod crash when using Safari with firmware 1.11?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. NYCphone macrumors member

Using firmware 1.1.1 does your iPod still crash when using Safari? Mine does.

2. NYCphone thread starter macrumors member

has anyone found a fix or workaround for this problem? I am finding that even Safari by itself crashes a lot for me.

3. Jocko macrumors member

Well I guess the best thing we can do is to keep making a stink about it on the board so that Apple engineers continue to be aware of it.

At this point the best thing we can hope for is probably that when the iPhone OS gets upgraded to Leopard it will change enough of the underlying system to pretty much eliminate the problem. Now it's just a matter of when we get the big Leopard update.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

1.1.1 safari has never crashed for me whether i am playing ipod or doing whatever :cool:

5. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Yes, I have had quite a few crashes of Safari, just a sudden quit of the app. This has happened even after a power-off/on cycle. I surely hope they can get this fixed.

6. ibwb macrumors regular

Obviously this still happens sometimes for some people but my experience is that it's become much less common. Under earlier revisions the iPod would crash for sure if you used Safari for more than a few minutes. Now it seems like certain pages or sites still cause problems but it doesn't happen all the time.

7. NYCphone thread starter macrumors member

I hope the upcoming firmware will address this problem....a fix would greatly increase the value of the device to me.