1-2 Weeks vs. 7-10 Business days?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theman, Jul 26, 2007.

1. theman macrumors 6502a

I am going to buy a 15" MBP with student discount, and I a bit confused. If I go to the website for my local Apple store, and click on "Buy online" it takes me to this site that looks kind of like Apple's website, but under Macs, it has "Servers and Storage" instead of iPods. When I click on the MBP, it says the ship time is 1-2 weeks.

Now, when I got to apple.com, and click on student discount and select my school, it takes me to a normal looking apple store (except it says Michigan State University at the top) and there it says ship in 7-10 business days.

So my questions are:

1. What is the difference between 1-2 weeks (5-10 business days???) and 7-10 business days, and why is it different?

2. What is the difference between buying at those two sites. Is one buying directly through the local store (so it will be shipped from there) and one just buying from apple and it will come direct from china or something?

i really am just confused because the websites are kind of the same, yet different.

thanks!

2. O'Jay-Maria macrumors newbie

estimated time frames

1-2 Weeks vs. 7-10 Business days?

Answer:

By mentioning 7-10 Business days, a client can understand that it might be sent before it's estimated time frame and this may cause customer’s dissatisfaction. :)

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

As far as I remember the only difference is that if you buy from that store's website, they (the store) gets credit for the sale. I think it all ships from the same place (China) regardless of where you order it from.