1-2weeks shipping - crossroad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nostalgia, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Nostalgia macrumors member

Hey guys,

I´m at a crossroad right now. I was looking to get the 13" rmbp with i7 and 16gb ram, 256 storage.

However, to get the 16gb ram the shipping turns from 1-3 business days to 1-2weeks.

I need it to arrive before the 12th of december, so if i order today, with shipping method: "2-3business days" - +14$ it estimates dec 6 - dec 13.

Is it safe to say that it will arrive earlier than that, lets say the 10th, or most of the time it´s delayed, or it arrives at the end date, in this case the 13th, which i can´t have it by that date.

Any experiences or thoughts you could share?

Thank you!

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Check with either B&H or MacMall to see if they have an ETA on their stock.

3. Nostalgia thread starter macrumors member

B&H told me they´ll have stock in 5-7 business days. He´s not quoting however previous pre-orders so i´m afraid if i come late to the party, I would only get it in the next batch.

He says that i have a good chance of getting it before the 12th if i place the order now, but he can´t assure me anything (asked the guy, wasn´t expecting him to, but tried ahahah).

Anyway, he recommends me to get the "2 day air" shipping method and it will very likely to get it, however that costs 44$ ... And I´m not assured anyway I´ll get it before the 12th.

Apple ETA is 6-13, there is a 7day difference in there, why so much? Is it just to make me believe that it can get in the 6th, or it rarely/never happens and it just comes the 13th or even with delay?

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Apple is generally conservative with their shipping estimates.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

You're lucky, it was 3-4 weeks. Only recently did it go down to 1-2. But I'd highly recommend ordering now if you need to get it by the 12th.

6. Nostalgia thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i also noticed it went down from 3-4weeks to 1-2, which is great.

by the way, is there a difference between ETA of shipment and delivery?

I suppose once it´s shipped, only after that the delivery process starts, which could take another day or two?

I´m seriously starting to think there is no way this thing will arrive before the 12th dec, unfortunately.

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

There's no way to be 100 percent sure. But Apple should deliver before the 12th, they are pretty good with coming through and are conservative on delivery dates.

8. NocturnalJazz macrumors regular

1-2weeks shipping - crossroad

I was in the apple store this weekend and they are now stocking 13" i7s, which they didn't have at launch. Do you think the ram delay is due to them building and hoarding 13s with 16gb for their retail store?

9. Nostalgia thread starter macrumors member

Hum i don´t know, but stocking i7s, even ordering online is only 1-3 business days anyway.

The real difference comes when you order with 16gb which adds up to 1-2weeks...

And now the ETA is dec 9 - dec 16...

I guess the best I could do is give them a call and see what they can tell me.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

There is literally going to be no way for anyone to tell you for sure that it will be delivered by when you need it. But the longer you wait, the less likely the chance of that happening is.

But it sounds like you won't be able to receive it by when you need it. Are you in a position to return the item if it is not delivered by the date you need it? If not, then I wouldn't order it and would instead look for other alternatives.