1.33 12" Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jaylay0707, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jaylay0707 macrumors member

Just got mine in the post, wow what a great computer! hard to think it's almost 4 years old. Amazing condition, and runs like lightning with Leopard, much faster than PC..

Peapody sold it to me, she was very prompt and friendly, would definitely purchase from her again :)

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Jay, I am so happy you like it. It is an amazing machine right?! It does run quite snappy with leopard, no hiccups at all.

Enjoy! You have one of the nicest PB's out there. And enjoy all the fun stuff I left for you on there. ;)

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I love the 12" PowerBook G4s, they are awesome computers! I have a 12" 1.5GHz PowerBook G4 and I just love it. :) :apple:

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Great computer. I wish I had one, so light and perfect!

5. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

It doesn't run leopard fast... Or at least mine doesn't. 2gb of ram?

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

My 12" PowerBook G4 is running Mac OS X 10.4.11, so I can not vouch for how it would handle Leopard. I would imagine that if you only have 1GB of RAM in your PowerBook G4, you might want to seriously consider upping your RAM to 2GB. The more RAM the better in my opinion. :)

7. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Actually, I've got a 867 MHz 12" PB with only 640 MB of RAM, and it runs Leopard very well. Finder coverflow taking about 5 seconds to load the images, and spotlight taking about 5 seconds to bring up a search are the only slow downs I've noticed on it. Over 5 years old now and no problems, except battery replacements and a larger HDD (40 GB wasn't cutting it), and I use it for several hours every day.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah i dunno, i think Tiger is the perfect OS for the 12" PowerBooks i think Leopard maybe be pushing it even though it would run i'm just not sure it would run as great as Tiger but thats just my theory.

For Leopard i think you need at least 2GB of RAM on a PB, the 12" PBs only go up to 1.25GB btw.

Speaking of which congrats to the OP for landing the 12" PB, i love mine as well and it runs like a champ and looks hot. I don't see myself getting rid of it till it either dies, Apple comes out with something similar-ish (Aluminum MacBooks maybe) or i need money and have to sell it (unlikely)

9. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

Ant1-Hero

typing on my 1.5 12" :D and i agree 10.4.11 is perfect i had leopard running but there was lag there as well. tiger is a sweet spot

10. jaylay0707 thread starter macrumors member

i have the 1.25 max allowed, but i've never owned a mac so maybe it's fast to me? it doesn't lag that's for sure..