1.35GB OSX Upgrade??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by $MacUser$, Feb 3, 2012.

1. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

I went to download 10.7.3 today, then realized I wanted to download/take care of some other stuff prior and stopped software update. At the time it was one file at 700 and change MB.

I took care of my business, backed up, went into software update and now I'm seeing 1.35 GB combined for two files? What is all this nonsense and why now is the download doubled in size in a matter of about an hour?

Ugh. Either way, Lion is by far the most immature, rushed-to-market version of OSX I've used. Slop fest!

2. iFanboy Guest

The original "delta" update was pulled in favour of the combo update.

Btw, I installed the delta and have had no problems. Similarly, I have had no problems with Lion either.

3. donw35 macrumors regular

donw35

4. towboattrash34 macrumors member

it was found a year ago.... and just now fixing it....

5. iFanboy Guest

And....?

This isn't an exploit in the wild. This is a "white hat" discovery by Kaspersky. They didn't find a way of exploiting it and then publish how to do it online.

There are probably numerous as yet undiscovered holes in most operating systems. If I find one and tell Apple about it, are you going to cry about them taking a year to plug something only I have found at that point?