1.5 15 inch G4 Powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by vlawillie, May 2, 2007.

1. vlawillie macrumors newbie

So, I am trying to figure out how much parts on this thing are worth - A breif summary:

I spilled water on the keyboard and fried the logic board. Everything else is fine, but what should I ask for the parts - LCD, Top and bottom case, HD is probably not worth selling, Superdrive. Anyone have ideas, I really don't have any reference.

I appreciate it!

2. FireArse macrumors 6502a

One word

Ouch.

Right, well how do you know the Logic Board is screwed? Have you had it confirmed by an Apple Technician/Apple Genius? If not, get that sorted. He/she will also give you an idea of what you need.

It may be more cost effecttive to break your mac and sell it off slowly as spares on here/eBay.

Ouch.

3. vlawillie thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, I already got it checked out. The only thing I "need" is to start taking it apart and selling it. Yeah, that's what I plan to do, but I need advice on pricing. Anyone have ideas??

Cases? LCD? superdrive? Random clips and stuff?

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Have you checked eBay to see what comparable parts are going for?

You could also consider talking to this guy and seeing if he wants the parts or wants to fix it for you :)

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

What I would do is check eBay on prices on what you plan on selling. That will give you somewhat if an idea. I really don't think people will buy parts that you can't tell if it's working or not

6. vlawillie thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, but I know that the damaged parts were only the keyboard and the logic board. I have tested the hard drive, the superdrive, and there are plenty more functioning parts.

Thanks for the powerbook guy link, that is really helpful!