1,500$ iMac orrr 1,700$ Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SkimApple, Jun 12, 2009.

1. SkimApple macrumors newbie

Hi guys this is my first post here and im just looking for a little feedback before i make a difficult decision between the 1500$ imac or the 1700$ Macbook pro.
    i just graduated so i got some money from the family burning in my pocket and i really want a new MBP or iMac but i cant decide based on my own preferences to get. i want the iMac because im partially into gaming and would love that 24'' screen and just being able to kick it in my room with it. on the other hand i think it'd be nice to be able to take my computer wherever i go but i dont necessarily like the idea of playing any mmo's on a 15'' laptop. the MBP has less processing power than the iMac but with me going into college (even though its a community college) i would like to be able to take the MBP to school for certain classes. all in all i guess what im asking is whether or not the 1,700$ MBP would be able to run games i.e. WoW or the future release of "Aiononline." any input you could give me would be awesome. thanks.

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

If you get the mac book pro with a dedicated graphics card yes it will play those game

3. SkimApple thread starter macrumors newbie

i see, so the nVidia Geforce 9400m wont be too good i take it since its integrated?

4. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Go for the iMac. College Library for HW. My local community college has over 200 computers in the library, I just do HW there. ;)

Haha, even the Mac Mini can run WOW!!

5. SkimApple thread starter macrumors newbie

i see. im definately leaning towards the imac now i just dont know how the geforce 9400m is going to do if i decide to try out multiple games you know? ive never had the chance to try out the video card with any games...anyone got any feedback on FPS on any mmo's they play?