1.5TB HD not working with AEBS....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by slick316, Dec 7, 2008.

1. slick316 macrumors 6502

I just picked up a new 1.5TB external Seagate hard drive. I connected it to my MBP first to format it (using FAT, I am also going to be connected a Windows desktop to it). As soon as I plug it into my AEBS, the light on the AEBS turns amber and I lose my connection to my AEBS (my MBP will no longer see the AEBS and I can't connect to it using the Airport Utility nor can I connect to get on the internet).

As soon as I disconnect it, I am good to go. I have a 160GB portable hard drive (one of those drives that use a 2.5" laptop drive and only requires USB, no power), but I left that at work, so I don't have another drive to test with.

Is it the hard drive? Is 1.5TB too much for the AEBS to handle?

I was all set to use the hard drive and it didn't work :( Any help would be appreciated.

2. jeenyusboy5 macrumors member

Im having the same exact problems with my powerbook g4. but it works with my friends macbook pro so I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully someone can help us out.

3. slick316 thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like we're not the only ones with this issue:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8075560&#8075560

Someone on there suggested formatting the hard drive using OS X Journaled and see if that helps.

I'm going to try it when I am home, but that won't solve my problem since I need the drive to be FAT formatted so I can use it with my PC also.