1,6 VS 1,86 V2 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Hippie54, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Hippie54 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy an air early December and as much as i want the 1,86ghz SSD version its alot of cash...

Then i started to think about possible uppsides with the slower cpu.

My question is: Will the slower cpu run cooler then the 1,86 modell lowering the amount of cooling needed from the fans?

Another question i have wich might not be able to answer before the HD modell comes out is if i at a later date can put a ssd drive in it?

2. twist2b macrumors regular

the 1.6 and the 1.86 is supposedly a 10% change in speed. (and the price change is $200)
    It really depends on what you do. If you usually just browse the internet or watch some videos, the 1.6 might be good to save money, just because you DON'T use alot of GHZ to run apps. The updates in SSD/L2 Cache/graphics card are what brought the speed up the most.

I believe you CAN update the SSD drive later on and have them install it. Its a good idea. I think you should wait to see the HDD results before you buy it though.

If your low on money - maybe go with SSD but only 1.6.... ever dollar counts, and 200 saved is 200 earned.
    Good luck on your purchase.