1.6GHz vs 1.86GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Doju, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Is there a big difference? I really don't think I can spring for the additional 260 megahertz, but I don't want to regret it down the road (I'm getting the SSD by the way, so it will be fast in that regard).

I do next to no processor intensive stuff. iMac for that. No encoding or anything, just internet, YouTube, Transmission, Pages, etc. will 1.6GHz suffice?

Thanks guys. And like I said, I'll get the SSD, so it will be fast in that regard at least, will it make up for it? People were saying the 400MHz bump on the MB wasn't worth $300, so I'm curious if it will be worth it on the MBA, but I'm doubtful.

Thanks!!!!

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

In the US, it's only $200 for the 1.86 GHz upgrade. If you are going to spend that much money and buy the SSD, it's definitely a must. It may not much make difference now, and maybe never in the future, but the price is so little compared to the total cost, like 7%.

I say go for it if you can afford it. If not, definitely the SSD will make your rev B MBA feel like your fastest Mac ever... regardless of the CPU.

3. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

I really only got the 1.8 because it was much faster to order the stock config and I didnt want to wait longer for a custom order machine.

I dont think it will make much difference in use, the processor will be running at reduced speed when possible anyway.