1/8" audio switch w/remote wanted

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chandljc, Sep 28, 2009.

  1. chandljc macrumors newbie

    Sep 23, 2009
    Hi All,

    I'm looking for a product that I'm not even sure exists, and I'm hoping that someone may be able to shed some light. I have my MBP set up alongside a beautiful Samsung T260HD. As for sound, I have a great simple sound system with a 1/8" audio cord that I'm manually switching between my TV and MBP depending on which I'm using. For instance, if I'm listening to iTunes, I'll plug the audio cord into my MBP and hear it through the sound system. If I'm watching TV, I'll plug the audio cord directly into the TV to hear it through the sound system.

    What I'm looking for is some sort of audio receiver with (at least) two 1/8" inputs and a 1/8" output so that I don't have to keep manually switching the cable back and forth. And, ideally, I'd love to be able to control that receiver with a remote.

    Does such a product exist? I'd rather avoid paying several hundred for a full-on receiver with tons of features that I don't need. As I said, the optimal setup would be one 1/8" out and two 1/8" in.

    Let me know! Thanks,
  2. rgarjr macrumors 603


    Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    Don't think they'll have an audio switcher with a remote control. These switchers are mostly seen with RCA type connectors.

  3. Bbusyb macrumors member


    Sep 11, 2009
    Notts, UK / Alex, Egypt
    There are going to be few products like that, especially if you want 1/8 (35mm) jacks on both input and output

    What you could do is Use something like this

    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97932&doy=20m12&C=SO&U=strat15 with a Adaptor to plug the output into your speakers,

    Worth Having a look.

    Another option, would be to grab a regular RCA switch (There are a ton of those available, including ones with remote) and Use RCA to Jack Cables with them.

Share This Page