1 app to display reminders, calendar, weather???

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by CavemanMike, Jan 2, 2015.

1. CavemanMike macrumors regular

My 81 year old mother is very forgetful and I want to be able to add icloud reminders from my computer, and have them appear on a dedicated ipad in the kitchen.

I need it to display the day/date, calendar and appointments (in addition to the icloud reminders, ALL ON ONE SCREEN.

"My Dashboard" does that, but crashes often.

If I was going to implement this with an android tablet, I suppose I could have separate widgets on a home screen (and use google tasks instead of icloud reminders).

ANY TIPS WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. She's at the stage where she gets mixed up often, and looking at her paper refrigerator calendar often results in her thinking it's the wrong day.

I want something on the counter which shows reminders and calendar and weather, all on one handy screen,

Thanks,
    Mike

2. culb0743, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015

culb0743 macrumors member

Sunrise Calendar certainly covers all of the bases you've mentioned (iCal, weather, & iCloud Reminders); in addition to iOS, they offer clients for Android, OS X, and I believe Windows; however, the UI is very traditional compared to an app like My Dashboard. I believe you could add reminders and calendar events via the iCloud web portal and Sunrise will sync them. I've never used it myself, but it gets stellar reviews. There's also My Home Screen, which appears to offer all of the same functionality of My Dashboard, perhaps its a little more stable. Additionally, Morning is another well-regarded HUD-style app. Hope this helps, good luck.

3. CavemanMike thread starter macrumors regular