1 cycle and by battery health is only 74%

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DubbleDuecer, Oct 20, 2008.

1. DubbleDuecer macrumors member

1 cycle and by battery health is only 74%, is something wrong? or is this just because its new and hasn't been drained and charged?

2. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

i would drain it completely and leave it unplugged for 5 hours after it force sleeps. After it's fully charged then check. If it's still low, go to the apple store

3. DubbleDuecer thread starter macrumors member

I left it plugged it all last night, while it was shut down. this morning I have 23% health and i unpluged it, it says 100% charge with 50 minutes remaining. It drops a percent ever 30 seconds or so.

4. DubbleDuecer thread starter macrumors member

called apple, took out battery held power button for 12 seconds. She said to calibrate the battery twice, if still is like this they will send me a new battery. BUT after restarting my computer is at 84% with 3 hours left. We will see how that goes. So if anyone else has this problem, take out battery, hold down power button for 12 seconds. (with the machine unplugged of course.)

5. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

make sure you calibrate it a couple of times, I calibrate mine every month. Still those numbers seem a little wacky... I'm at 92% after 144 cycles.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If this is a new battery, go get a replacement.