1 Day 2 Faulty Ipads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hundleton1, Aug 28, 2011.

1. hundleton1, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

hundleton1 macrumors 6502

hi guys, i went to the Apple store in Cardiff UK yesterday to get the wife a precent, got her a black 16gb WIFI iPad, the sales guy was great and offered to activate in store, we say yes and upon opening it we found a large scratch on the back going from the dock connector towards the centre, he instantly exchanged it and activated the new one and made sure it was not scratched.

got home after a 2 hour drive and started to setup the new one only to find a very bright white dot on the lower left of the screen, it only shows on lighter backgrounds and it very distracting, it does not look like a pixel issue as it looks like its behind the screen, i can't believe it, two fault ones in a row, now i have to drive tomorrow 2 hours to the cardiff store, its going to cost me £30 in fuel as well.

i have attached a pic of the damage, it hard to see with my iPhone camera but you can see it on the bettor left.

do you think i will have any problems with the store on getting an exchange again ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Take it back to the store until you're happy with it :)

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I found dust behind my screen. Quite a few specs to be honest. Only could see it in direct sunlight and i found them just before i put my £25 screen protector on. So i had to decide if i should take it back next week (dont live near apple store) and possibly get refused a replacement and have a weeks worth of scratches on my ipad. Or, live with it.
    As i could only see it in direct sunlight, I decided to live with it and carried on putting my zagg shield on.
    It doesn't annoy me. So the question is. Does it annoy you enough to take it back. You could well get a replacement but i couldnt guarentee it.

4. hundleton1 thread starter macrumors 6502

its a lot brighter in real life the camera does not show it fully. definitely can't live with it, if i do the mail in repair is it refurb units they send out ? don't fancy that after just one day.

the way its looking id be better returning it for a full refund and buying one at a local Argos(reseller) at least any problems they are not 80 miles away

5. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I am certain you will not have any problems at the store getting an exchange. Call first and let them know what the problem is an make an appointment for the exchange. If they won't let you exchange, just remind them you are still in the 14 day return period and you can always just get your money back.

It's too bad it is so far away. If you tell them in a nice way how inconvenient this was for you, they might give you an accessory to make up for your trouble.

6. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Unlike PC world, apple have sensational after-sales support. I am sure they will be more than willing to exchange u're ipad

7. tanhm macrumors regular

tanhm

8. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Yikes, that white dot would drive me nuts too.

9. lovefang macrumors newbie