1 day old 2011 MBP 15" 2.2 won't start

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vinod332002, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Vinod332002 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My first post on this forum comes in a rather depressing mood.

I received my new MBP 15" 2.2 today, after quite a wait (some regulatory approvals were needed here in Singapore) and was really excited as this is my first Mac and I have coveted the MBP for a while now.

The MBP worked without a problem for about 5 hours, and I'd left it with lid open - and only finder running. I was away from the MBP a while and came back to see that the OS had frozen, neitherthe trackpad nor the keys were responsive. I tried pressing the power button once but that didn't work either.

I then kept the power button pressed a while which caused the MBP to shut down. However, after this I can't get it to start. All I hear is beep-beep-beep <pause> beep-beep-beep

I wasnt pushing the machine with too many applications and a USB HDD was the only peripheral plugged in. I did change the charger from one plug to the other, but since they're the ones that shipped with it, I'd hardly expect it tocause a freeze...

Google suggests this is a RAM problem... But how is that possible since I just got it and haven't jerked/ dropped it?

Thanks for the patient reading.. This day has been a real anticlimax for me :(

2. vant macrumors 65816

Well the computer is essentially made by numerous companies. You can't expect them to all have 100% success rates.

I do see an Apple store in Singapore, I suggest you bring it there. Is it CTO?

3. Vinod332002 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, CTO for hires screen.
    My only concern is whether theyd have parts for this considering that they still don't even have it on display at most resellers..

4. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

It definitely might be a RAM problem. Open up the bottom panel and see if you can reseat the RAM. For all you know, it just came loose.

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030