1 day old iPhone 4 with 1 dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrei.barbuta, Nov 6, 2010.

1. andrei.barbuta macrumors regular

So I got an iPhone 4 yesterday and just now I saw that it has a dead pixel around the center. It's really tiny yet stands out on white backgrounds.

I saw the report about Apple's replacement documents that surfaced couple of days ago. It said that a dead pixel for iPhone is enough for replacement.

Should I go change it? What's your advice?
    ...and if my new iPhone has 1 ore more dead pixels can I also exchange that one too?

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

you can return it since you are within the 14/30 day policy regardless of what their pixel policy is.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Take it back in it is defective. I would take mine back in, you've paid good money for it!! I'm sure they will swap it for you I've had great experiences with apple customer service.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hell yeah I'd take it back.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yes, exchange it! and if the new one is the same then exchange that one too...

6. andrei.barbuta thread starter macrumors regular

I'll go Monday to talk with them.
    I'm actually in Romania and we don't have Apple Stores here. I bought it from the official carrier Orange but I think that the policy should be the same right?

7. CZK, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Yes, its the law.

If they don't want, make a scene in their store. It works everytime.
    ________
    HOT PENNY STOCKS

8. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

YES! Absolutely take it back! Last year when I bought my 3Gs it had a dead pixel as well as very dull or washed out colors, so I brought it back to the Apple Store and they replaced it with no problem. Three things were instantly better with the replacement, obviously no dead pixels, the colors were much brighter, and lastly the replacement battery was night and day better than my original. If u see that dead pixel now it will be all u stare at from now on, so my recomendation is get rid of it now before your 40 days are up. Although even if the 30 days were up they still might replace it especially if u paid extra for Apple Care. Hope this helps. Later

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Make a scene? Eugh.

10. andrei.barbuta thread starter macrumors regular

I just got my replacement. Checked the exterior and it's great, seems brand new. From the serial number it was manufactured in week 34, the previous one was week 41.
    I upgraded it to 4.1 and now I'm copying music with 128 bit conversion checked so it's going to take a while.
    Haven't checked the screen for dead pixels yet. :))) Crossing my fingers.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Wouldn't that be the first thing you'd check?