1 day rMBP 13 with 6 charging cycles?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shipica, Mar 10, 2013.

1. shipica macrumors newbie

I bought a rMBP 2 days ago and returned it yesterday(dead pixels+ghosting). I got a new one and iStats indicates a 97% health and 6 battery cycles? What do you think about this?
    + there is something under back pannel that,when pushed(how would you normally hold the laptop by using your left hand) clicks similar to a trackpad button..what about this? :confused:

Have a great day guys, can't wait to hear from you!

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Battery is fine. Don't get hung up over those readings.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. It's also not uncommon for a new battery to have a few cycles on it, likely from testing. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

5. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

thats normal. Mine came with 3 charge cycle on it.

6. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Same - all is good.

7. shipica, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013

shipica thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys! what about that "click" ? is it a limiter that clicks on pushing the back of the device or what else can it be?:apple:

8. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

9. shipica thread starter macrumors newbie

this is my 4th one... all my previous ones had dead pixels/severe RI - LG Panels.. I'm trying to figure out whether this clicking represents something suspicious or it's a spacing limiter that activates and clicks under pressure

10. shipica thread starter macrumors newbie

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Mine came with two dents on bottom, yet I chose to keep it because I was satisfied with the computer.

If you are unsatisfied with your computer, you should be able to decide for yourself whether or not to keep it.

12. shipica thread starter macrumors newbie

update: just came from apple store, all three rMBP13 2013 were making that click. I suppose it's a generic thing, it's the spacing limiter that clicks:rolleyes:

enjoy your macbook alphaod!