Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
It's been fun spotify. I was a member over a year before you came to the USA, and used to Vpn in from London to listen. A new service came to town and it's over for us.

While Apple music is not flawless, and there are definitely going to be rough areas of transition, over all it is the best service for someone with a lot of Apple products. I will certainly miss the spotify integration on my ps4, spotify makes a lot more sense in its remote play options, and the playlist features on spotify absolutely decimate apples.

I was sold The first time I spoke into my Apple watch and my stereo hooked up via Bluetooth started playing via my phone.

Seamless

All my non underground music is now on my devices via iTunes Match. I have already in one day found 3-5 new favorite songs. It is awesome.

I read spotify said they breathed a sigh of relief after the wwdc keynote. Me canceling my account today, and probably a million others like me probably says that was a bit premature.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I do like Apple Music but I think they need to streamline it a bit, such as the 'for you' tab feels sometimes a bit cluttered. but other then that its great!

Plus clear some of the bugs

Dataz

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
This means that if you’ve matched your library with Apple Music and iCloud Music Library, you need to keep backups of your original files. If not, you’ll end up with files that you can’t play without an Apple Music subscription.

So think carefully if you plan to use iCloud Music Library.

Read about it at this link.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I currently have a Premium Spotify account courtesy of my 4G tariff with Vodafone UK and have hardly used it since the launch of Apple Music.

I don't know if I intend to stay with Vodafone once my minimum airtime agreement ends with them in November... If I do decide to leave I think I'll be subscribing to Apple Music because it's a lot better than I expected.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I'm going to cancel my spotify. It was a novelty to me and rarely used and I didn't like the user interface. With Apple I have lots invested so makes more sense to me.

For those who think Apple music is buggy they should remember back to spotify'a earlier versions littered with bugs and their bad iPad app.

Also doesn't help with their CEO's "Oh Ok" response to Apple Music - one would think spotify would have done something more competitive as a response.

Reactions: Jstuts5797

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I cancelled mine today as well. I'm really hoping Apple is fixing the issues with AM though. But for now, I'm out of all syncing services and waiting until Apple does something about it. Wasted my 90 trial in the process. Beats1 is nice though.

Reactions: IGI2

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Canceled mine (after 4 months of Spotify service) and 20 min. of A.M.

I'm with TC, I will miss PS4 integration but welcome everything else A.M. has to offer, and of course why would i pay 9.99 a month when I get essentially the same thing for free for 3 months?

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
I have listened to Spotify all day at work and various times over the weekend for a long time, Pandora before that. After one day I, too, canceled Spotify. I love the available playlists and general integration with the phone (Siri) in Apple music and the whole package (interface) will only get better. I'm very excited about the possibilities.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i am the opposite. i disabled AM after nearly throwing all my iDevices out of the window out of anger. back to Spotify for me

Reactions: Liam555

Quirinus

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I've been an iTunes Match user for years, so with AM i FINALLY have all my music in 1 place. I cancelled my Spotify subscription day 1. However.. AM doesn't work with Sonos yet so at home i'll have to use Spotify until Sonos gets updated (my subsciption is still good for 3,5weeks).

Last edited:

Whimseh

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
Still not seeing any reason to switch from Spotify free to Apple Music. Anyone care to explain some features? I don't care about speakers or bluetooth stuff.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Still not seeing any reason to switch from Spotify free to Apple Music. Anyone care to explain some features? I don't care about speakers or bluetooth stuff.

If you don't listen to music on your phone spotify free is still probably the best deal. However pound for pound the full versions Apple music smokes spotify.

First of all of your personal collection can now be on your phone without taking up any space. I have over 100gb of music on my iMac. Until now I had to pick and choose, now iTunes Match mirrors it all on my phone awesome.

Apple music is deeply integrated into iOS so you can just ask Siri to start playing music and voila. If you have a Apple watch this is even more trick. I pretty much DJ a bbq last night by just speaking what track I wanted to hear into my watch.

This is still the first week and there are some rough edges that need addressing like playlist management, but over all it is a great start.

Reactions: Spankey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.