1 dead pixel, what can i do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ticalx1218, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ticalx1218 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, I just bought a 2.2 SR MBP and I noticed that I have one dead pixel (black; not red, green, or blue). Is there any way I can fix this without exchanging, and if not can I take it to the Apple Store even though I purchased it from the online store? I know its just one dead pixel but ever since I noticed it, it's just been annoying the hell out of me. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

sorry to hear about the dead pixel. it would also drive me nuts to no end, but i think your options are limited. i'm not aware of any methods to bring pixels back to life, and i don't think apple will willingly exchange your computer for another. i think you'll have to return yours and purchase another at a loss of the restocking fee.

3. ticalx1218 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, I bought this MBP with the student ADC discount so, would that further complicate a possible exchange/return and rebuy course of action?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, I don't think that Apple will replace it for one dead pixel, but you could always ask. The worse thing they can say is no. Good luck.

5. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

It sucks to have (and know about) a dead pixel. I have one that doesn't bug me as it's in an inconspicuous location that I keep forgetting about... Unfortunately for you, there are really only two options.

Pay a 10% restocking fee, which on the MBP is most likely upwards of $200.
    Or learn to coexist with your dead pixel. It could be more than one after all...

To me, one dead pixel is not worth $250. To each their own.