1 generation difference vs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eldaniel7, Jan 22, 2012.

1. eldaniel7 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm comparing two models, the "best" model in 13'' from the last generation vs the current generation cheapest 13''. This is

Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro dual-core Intel Core i7 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000, SuperDrive, Thunderbolt port, Aluminum unibody, Glossy Widescreen Display (Blowout Model - Installed w/ Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Mac OS X Lion) (MC724LL/A)

at $1,299.00

vs

Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro dual-core Intel Core i5 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000, SuperDrive, Thunderbolt port, Aluminum unibody enclosure, Glossy Widescreen Display (MD313LL/A)

at $1,129.95

The first one is clearly faster in the title, but it's a year older and it has slightly smaller buses and that kind of stuff.

Is there some utility or anything else I might be missing by buying the last generation's model? (like a port, backlit keyboard, etc)

What about the same comparison, but adding an 128GB SSD to the current version?

best regards!

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe this can help: http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/mac-benchmarks/

Anyway, those models are both 2011 MBPs, one from early 2011, one from late 2011, thus there is only a slight CPU bump.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

Otherwise the ports are all the same, including the backlit keyboard (since 2009).
    Maybe have a look at www.everymac.com.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

They are nearly identical: I'd go for the cheaper one.

4. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Considering the price difference, I'd go for the lower priced one. I doubt you'll see a huge different in performance. I have an I7 MBA and an I5 MBP form 2010, and the speed doesn't seem much different, unless you look at disk access, in which the MBA smokes the MBP.