#1 Google in 1 cat. not listed in other Category!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dal123, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Very, Very Chuffed that I am currently #1 on Google (thanks to the good-people on here) in the search 'Reinforced Concrete Staircase' which is quite a good relevant search in my field.
    However in the search of 'Formwork' (a broader category and extremely-relevant search) I am not listed. I'm wondering if I'm being penalized for having 'formwork' listed everywhere as I was really trying to SEO this. Obviously formwork is a harder search to crack as Reinforced Concrete Staircase only has about 80,000 whereas formwork has 892,000 :D.:confused:

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You've probably done what you can from your site. I counted about 19 instances of the word "formwork" including some in the domain name, which isn't too many I don't think. Page rank takes time, no matter what. At this point, the only thing that can help (other than time) is to get other sites to link to yours, and those sites should be as relevant to your site as possible. For instance, having a link here at Mac Rumors to the site isn't as good as a construction forum linking to your site. This is where SEO becomes social, and is referred to as link-in SEO. You also have to remember there's other sites fighting for page rank too, and what makes them any less relevant than yours?