+1 Individual Post Rating Button for Quasar phpBB Forum

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MarximusMG, Jan 7, 2012.

1. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I am wanting to add a feature to an already existing phpBB forum ( www.Revyved.com ). The style that I am using for this forum is Quasar by Rocket Themes, which is a little more technical than most common styles.

My goal is something somewhat similar to the setup here on MacRumors. I am wanting to have the ability to allow users, through clicking a small button found on each post, to "vote up" each individual post in any given topic. I do not want the ability to "vote down" each post. The post will then display the total amount of +1 votes that it has received (e.g. "+3" if 3 users voted it up).

In addition to this, I am wanting each user's profile to display a number that shows how many total votes all of their posts have received over all time, across the entire forum (e.g. If a user has posted a total of 5 posts and each post has been voted up once, this number would show "+5").

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about doing this? Or does anyone here have the expertise to do this? I am willing to pay someone, but my budget is tight. Thank you in advance!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Kudos for your desire to keep it positive!

I believe too many people are in love with the act of voting people down. We live in a negative world as it is, without enabling the haters to do what they do best.

Good Luck with your project :)

4. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG