$1 iPad sleeve @ Dollar Tree

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CH34P3T, Mar 26, 2011.

1. CH34P3T macrumors regular

Just picked up an iPad/netbook sleeve at Dollar Tree. It was just $1, so I just thought why not. And so my surprise, it fits pretty well. It's a little loose, but not too loose, so those of you with Smart Covers, this sleeve could complement it very nicely. There's no soft lining on the inside, so it's an all around neoprene sleeve, inside and out. But for $1, it's basically a steal.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. :)

Attached Files:

2. BigWalt macrumors regular

BigWalt

3. mac-spy macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips. I bought one also....

Really can't beat for a $1! This will be my temporary 'protection' until my ultimate case is available.

Cheers!

:)

4. iVeBeenDrinkin', Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Good deal, but is the inside padded with anything, or is it just neoprene as well?

5. CH34P3T thread starter macrumors regular

It's just neoprene inside as well. But for a dollar, I can't really complain. Lol

6. whiskeyred macrumors regular

Exactly the CaseCrown sleeve

I guess I paid $5.17 more for the CaseCrown logo sewn on.

7. applelvr macrumors member

Hmmm. I see an Ebay money making opportunity here.

8. djc6 macrumors 6502

Just ran up to my local Dollar Tree and didn't see any :-/

9. aperry macrumors 6502a

I bought one of these this morning. After trying it out once, I don't think I'll be using it. The neoprene (if that's what it is) isn't very elastic, it's kind of "tough". So, when I tried to put my iPad in it with the smart cover attached, I couldn't do it without putting a lot of stress on the smart cover hinge, which felt like it could easily snap free or rub against the iPad edge in the process.

I also have ghost armor on my iPad, and I found myself worrying that the sleeve would start peeling up the corners of the GA. So for me it's not a great solution.

Anyway, for $1 I have no regrets.

10. CH34P3T thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the material is kinda tough and it takes a little effort to pull the corners up and over the device as compared to the $5 sleeve that was mentioned in another thread that I purchased, which feels like it was made with a better material and the corners were much easier to pull over since it was more elastic.

11. aperry macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I had that Kensington sleeve on my iPad 1. Unfortunately I sold it with the iPad. That one might be a little easier to work with.