1 iPhone, 2 Computers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peeaanuut, Oct 23, 2008.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I just recently purchased myself a blackbook and that has become my main computer. However all my media is on my other computer and I would like to keep it that way.

So, I want to be able to sync my new 3g with both computers. I would like all the media stuff to be worked on the main computer (music and video) and than contacts, mail, apps and photos on the laptop. I dont need any music to go to the laptop just contacts and such.

As it sits now, I have the phone synced to the laptop so I have no music as I dont keep any on my laptop anyway.

Is this possible at all? If so, can someone please direct me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joe

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

In the system preferences of iTunes on the laptop, you should turn off "automatic syncing for all devices" in the devices tab.

Then plug your iPhone in.

Then turn on the things you want to sync in iTunes and then I think you can turn on automatic syncing again.

Do the same for the desktop, but turn on media and video.

Hope it works.

3. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

i got everything to work accept for the apps. Both computers want to dump the apps and reload the apps no matter what is selected. hmmmm