1 iPhone Q, and 1 New Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by acfusion29, Apr 20, 2008.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

So, the first problem I encountered with my iPhone that I bought was that it had a piece of dust under the screen.

That really bugs me. But anyways. I was with some friends, and they wanted to see how loud the iPhone was. So I played some music and it was all crap. It sounded like the speaker were blown.

Will Apple replace this?

And now my question :p I'm from Canada, and I bought a GoPhone sim card off eBay. I called Apple, and they said that I have to activate the iPhone with the AT&T sim card over iTunes and select a Pay as you go plan. Will it ask me for my name and all that other stuff? Or am I better off going to AT&T and getting it done there.

2. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I think if you just take it to the apple store they will replace it out without looking up your contract info, thats what it seemed they did for me when I went to the store but I have a contract so cant be sure.

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Well right now they require that the iPhone is activated with AT&T (in anyway, I confirmed this with an Apple rep over the phone).

So I'd like to activate the iPhone on Pay As You Go.

5. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

it might be one of those things that they say on the phone but doesn't really happen.