1 Item Could Not Be Synced...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,

Every time I sync my iPhone 4 running iOS 5, it says 1 Item Could Not Be Synced, and that I should check iTunes for more information. However, iTunes never displays any error information, and it acts like everything went smoothly.
    What is the problem with my device?

Thanks

2. ifunny macrumors newbie

3. chenks, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

i have the same issue with a ringtone that i bought from the itunes store.
    itunes offers no explanation of the problem other than an exclamation mark next to the item in the itunes library.

nothing i've tried seems to fix the problem. deleting the ipod photo cache folder made no difference.

4. bigtallguy macrumors member

I don't know if it is just coincidence but I just started getting this error the same day apple pushed out the new iTunes update.

I tried deleting the photo cache last night to see if that would fix it, but I just synced my phone tonight and it happened again so at least for me that didn't fix it.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I got it, when I had a couple of songs that were no longer available on iTunes and I'd deleted the original downloads. Had to eradicate all traces of them to get it to stop.

6. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

My 4 does this, I see no ill effect, no care.

7. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

well there is an "ill effect" as the content in question isn't being synced to the iphone!

maybe you don't care about purchased content not syncing to the phone, but others do care.