1 key stroke for right clicking in word processor?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AMSOS, Nov 26, 2010.

1. AMSOS macrumors newbie

this is really strange, and potentially a big irritant.
    so i started working with OOo Writer today on my MBP. and while everything is fine, i soon noticed that there seems to no shortcut to the right click !
    which means that every time the dictionary suggests a word correction, or i want to quickly access the right click menu, i am forced to move to the touchpad and use 2 fingers to right click !
    in windows there is the Alt key that quickly brings up the list of spelling corrections in 1 key stroke. so i must say i am rather surprised that this is not the case with mac os !
    i hope i am missing something out, otherwise my word processing work just became that much more tedious :eek:(
    thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've never seen a shortcut that did that in any Mac word processor. Single-key hotkeys are generally rare in OS X anyways.

3. AMSOS thread starter macrumors newbie

will be forced to use mouse

this is bad :(
    and worst thing is using the touchpad involves some careful positioning. so it demands attention. while occasionally this would not have been a big deal, when one is working on a word doc this will definitely becoem a pain.
    i also checked and the way out (for me at least) seems to be to use the mouse. the right click works simple and straight.
    btw, i am using OOo Writer as my primary processor.
    however, i am still hoping something will come up :)
    thanks