1 Last Question Before I JailBreak..!!??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Boxheed, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Boxheed macrumors member

Okay guys, ...last one and then I'm gonna man up and just do it. This question isn't a big deal, I'm just curious........I know that when I restore from a JB I have to ReSync my IPhone in iTunes to get back all of my old App Store Apps. But, when I first do the JailBreak, do I have to Sync my phone up in iTunes to put my Apps back on? Or do they just stay on there through the JB process? Thanks again everybody!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you use quickpwn (which doesn't do a restore) everything will stay intact. You won't have to do a resync. If you use pwnage tool (which requires a restore) it will erase everything.

3. Boxheed thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I will be using QuickPwn on my Windows PC. Do I have to put the phone in DFU(?) mode or will QuickPwn automatically do that for me? I keep reading comments about DFU mode but to be honest I am not even sure what it is.

4. jobsfnby macrumors regular

srry but if you restore your ipod after jailbreak there can be problems restoring from a jailbroken backup onto a virgin phone

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It will show you how to do dfu mode it is really easy. It does the timing for you.

Not if you put it into dfu mode first. That usually avoids any problems, also if you set it up as a new phone that helps avoid problems too.