1% left = still have half your battery life to go on new iPhone5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, May 16, 2013.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

If the phone is brand new like one or two charges in, it stays on that 1% for a loong time.

It was at 3% last night and I had forgot my charger. I went to work in the morning, I browsed the web for a bit which got it down to 1%. Then from then on I didnt use it, but I set some timers and checked the time a few times.

Anyway, lol, like 9 hours later it was still on when I put it on the charger.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's because the battery hasn't been cycled enough to be fully calibrated. That usually takes about a week or so.

3. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

You also want to run it to 0% and back up to 100%. That how to calibrate it so it knows what 1% actually means. I do so once a month.

4. darster Suspended

I have never run down a battery to zero for calibration purposes and never had a problem with poor battery life on any device I have owned. Use you phone and don't worry about silly calibrations. Just charge when needed.

5. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

You sir are not very familiar with the way lithium ion powered batteries work, but please dont make recommendations that are based on no actual info, The electrons in the battery need it to be completely drained, to know what its capacity is.

6. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Ive never done that, I just kinda started using it so ha.

Putting you on ignore list.

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Neither of you are wrong. Lithium ion batteries do adapt to incomplete usage, but you'll still probably be okay.