1 less hater

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ryanctf, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Ryanctf macrumors newbie

I've had my iPad 2 since launch and a few days ago I had my iPad 2 with me. And my friend who thinks iPads are the biggest waste of money kept looking at my iPad 2 so I let him see it even though he said he hates iPads. He had the biggest smile on his face when he was using it. And he no longer hates them. 1 less hater. :p

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

cool.

So is he getting one? I think this is just the normal reaction for people who can't spend the cash to get one. since they can't have one, they naturally hate the idea of someone else enjoying the product... that is until they get one.

3. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

True, 90% of iPad bashers are people who can't afford them.

Once one comes into their grasp, they turn over a new leaf.

:apple: converting the haters one step at a time.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I used to be a hater. A lot of it was because of some serious issues I had with Macs back in the day. But then I got my iPhone 4. A lot of the things I thought about Apple products were just not true. Over the last few months I have slowly grown to be obsessed with Apple stuff and am now anxiously awaiting an iPad 2.

The hardware, software, and the fact that their customer support has bent over backwards to help me out has won me over. I wouldn't be surprised if my next computer is a Macbook, even though currently I'm still not really into OSX.

5. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

I can share a similar experience too. My coworker was a big poop talker when it came to the iPad. Didn't own one though. Spent a shift playing with mine and after work he went and bought his own. :D

6. Smoothness macrumors regular

I dont understand why anyone hates it. More i use it, more i find more and more uses for it. Sadly, i still dont use it to surf forums. It's way quicker to type on my macbook

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

A lot of people who say "I have no idea what I would do with one" literally don't have an idea and just haven't been shown what can be done. I find plenty of uses for it at work, especially when I want to have a certain document but hate keeping track of the paper versions. Put a PDF in iBooks and shazam.

I can also watch a crapload of soccer on the MLS app. It's about $30 cheaper than subscribing to the TV package for everything, plus it's all portable.

Don't even get me started on the Kindle app. If it had an odometer, I probably would've broken it.

One last thing i have used it for is a pseudo notebook. I typed up a game story using only it and my iPhone. I used to use a MacBook Pro, but the iPad is SO MUCH LIGHTER. If I did that more often, I might consider a MacBook Air in case I needed an actual computer for various reasons, but it works well for what I do.