1 month old computer lags...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by brettpiper, Jun 5, 2009.

1. brettpiper macrumors newbie

I have a month old Macbook Air and it lags on pretty much anything I do... scrolling down pages, opening applications, playing a game on Firefox or Safari. I have barely anything downloaded because it's so new. What can I do to make it go normal speed? I've updated my computer and everything.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

There are so many variables that go into this its not even funny. Background processes, open tabs, etc. Its really hard to say.

3. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I would try taking a look at Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities/) to see if there are any background processes or RAM-suckers that are killing your computer (figuratively, of course).

There's a good chance that some small program could be the culprit.

4. iann1982 macrumors regular

I hadsimiliar issues, typing into text fields on websites would be slow, just a bad experience. I got a 2.4ghz MacBook, notlooked back, on paper you's think the speeds would be about the same. In reality there's a huge difference, the slow hard drive seems to make a massive difference

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

True. I couldn't believe how slow the rev B MBA with 4200 rpm HDD was when I used one a month ago. Night and day and SSD seems worth every penny to me.

6. SeanU macrumors member

7. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I agree with Sean. Onyx should solve your problem.