1 month old macbook pro clicking hinge :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salivan, Jun 10, 2015.

1. salivan macrumors newbie

salivan

Well, I can't say much except that it is freaking annoying.

Every time I cold start my mac (in the morning) I've this click noise. It also happens after a while of working when I close the lid.

Problem is that during normal use there is no noise. Only after leaving it alone for few hours.

I made a video to demo the issue.

What would you do?

my local unauthorised apple seller doesn't want to exchange it :/

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like when the metal is cold, its causing the problem. I'd be a bit more forceful with the store since its not operating the way you expect.

3. salivan thread starter macrumors newbie

salivan

I'm not sure even if certified apple store would replace it.

I've two options:
    1. go through this uncertified store repair service (I consider myself more capable engineer then all of them in that shop together, I can at least know how to work with electronics and soldering iron).
    2. traveling to EU this July, and try to go through official apple store.

I'm leaning towards the second option.

Since we only have 1 week policy of returns no question asked in this uncert shop, I doubt they will replace it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its within the return period, return it. If its not, speak to the manager about the hinge creaking and how after spending a lot of money on a premium laptop you're not happy with the issue

I can't speak for where you bought it, but the apple store I deal with is really good about this sort of stuff.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you didn't buy it at an Apple Authorized reseller, I don't know the status of your warranty.

Anyway, you're outside of the return period, so asking for a replacement is too much. Just have it repaired and be done with it.

6. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Take it to the Apple Store, and how them the video. Ask them to repair it.