1 Month Old MBP 15in TrackPad click not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gimano67, Jul 5, 2010.

1. gimano67 macrumors member

So I've had my MBP for a good month and everything had been great up until about last night. I started to notice that every 3rd click of the mousepad would not register as a click. It may be even worse than every 3rd click. If I double click on my HDD on my desktop to open it up, more times than not it won't open up. Now I can get around my computer fine with just keyboard controls (or my magic mouse) but this is kinda frustrating since my MBP is less than a month old. Im currently out of town so I won't be able to visit an Apple Store for a couple weeks, but I guess Im just wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue.

Thanks!

2. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

My MBP is older than your but i had the same thing happen. I went into the Trackpad settings in Sys preferences and Deselected all of the settings and reselected them and the issue went away.

3. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick response. I tried this, and unfortunately it didn't work :(

4. Unsafe macrumors newbie

I've just had the Trackpad replaced on my Macbook Pro (Bought it at the end of April). I had the same sort of problem where the clicks weren't registering, I first brought it to an Apple Store and the Genius immediately noticed a problem with it but said they needed 3 weeks to repair it (?!?!) so I had them collect & return it from my house and the repair was done within 7 days :)

5. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

Bring it to an Apple store or call Apple if you aren't near one.

You didnt spill anything on it did you?

6. gimano67 thread starter macrumors member

Sounds like its a long repair process :-/
    And OF COURSE NOT!! (to the spillage), I would never let any sort of liquid or food near my precious new MBP, haha

7. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

How long?

8. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

7 days :confused: I had my trackpad replaced last week and the Genius said he would have it done by the end of the day so I got on the bus back home and about 15 minutes later when I was on the bus I got a phone call from the Apple store saying the repair was done.