1 new family plan...2 $199 iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kinkster, Dec 29, 2008.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Hey is it possible to get two iPhones at the subsidized price when signing up for a new ATT family plan? Also, I mean the normal family plan, not the iphone one.

At att.com you can only order one online, and as far as I know thats the only pay to get a new iphone with a normal family plan.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah you can get up to 5 phones and 5 replacements (one for each phone) at the subsidized price.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't see why not..... if you're getting two separate lines in the family plan, you can get an iPhone for each one.

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you can also get 2 individual plans too as 2 separate lines on the same account.

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

AT&T limits the number of iPhones purchased online to 1 per service address. They state that it is to protect you.

If you want, you can purchase 2 iPhone 3Gs' on a FamilyTalk plan in a AT&T Corporate retail store, Apple, BestBuy and now WalMart.

Dave

7. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? Sweet. I thought online was the only way, and otherwise they'd just try to push you into the iPhone-specific family plan.

But, if I got it at an Apple store would apple really be able to set up a normal family plan? I plan on having two iPhones and then one other nokia or something, and apple obviously doesn't have any nokias on hand.

Owell, I can always go by an ATT store or wallmart and see if they'll do it or not.

8. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

There is not really an iPhone specific family plan. They publish iPhone 3G FamilyTalk plans but they are really just the normal FamilyTalk plans that have the $30 iPhone data plan in the pricing.

As you mentioned, Apple does not sell anything but iPhones so you can only setup a FamilyTalk plan at Apple with all iPhones, in your case just 2 iPhones. Then you can go anywhere else and add the Nokia to the group as an add-a-line.

Dave

9. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Iv heard that though the iphone family plan isn't any different, they do treat it seperately. I remember hearing some att rep wouldn't let someone add a different phone.

Owell, I'll just go to att/wallmart/best buy and I guess there won't be any problems :)