1 person picking up 2 iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icyfire, Jun 23, 2010.

1. icyfire macrumors 6502

Hey, so here's the deal. I need to pick up 2 iphones tomorrow that I reserved at my local Apple store, one for myself and my mom. We are on the same family plan. I heard that there's some rule where if you need to pick up 2 or more iphones, that many people have to be present but my mom will be at work. Will they give me hassle if I try to pick up both or should I line up for one and then get back in line for the 2nd one (hopefully they won't notice). Thanks.

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

3. hellspawn2 macrumors member

I called as well and they said the limit is 2 on the same plan.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I believe the account holder needs to be present. If that's not you, you're SOL.

5. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

Is that correct? I've got one reserved but my wife's name is on the bill :(

6. Knarl macrumors member

After being on hold for 10 minutes, I asked the same question to my local Apple store rep: if I can pick up both mine and my wife's reserved iphone 4s without her being there. We are on the same family share plan, I am the main account holder, etc...

The one question that was asked was "Is the reservation under my name or hers?" I said it was under her name, because I used her itunes account to reserve the phone. She put me on hold for a minute presumably to ask someone who actually knew what they were talking about (at least I can only hope), and then I got my eventual answer:

"Yes, you should be able to pick up both phones [without your wife being present]."

Hope this helps and hope this proves to be true tomorrow at 7 AM...

7. fastblack macrumors regular

I would think if you are an authorized user you should be fine...

8. warfa macrumors regular

I am in the same situation. I reserved one phone for myself under my itunes account and another for my brother under our mothers itunes account. we're both new to at&t so i called and asked if we could just bring her ID and pick up the second phone ourselves instead of bringing her with us and the lady asked her manager who said that we could definitely do that if we brought her ID with us :)

9. W8tin4iphone4 macrumors newbie

I thought the limit is 2 phones per person? My cousin would like one w/o a contract ($599 for 16GB) but he can't wait in line so can I buy a subsidized one that I am eligible for $199 for myself and also buy a $599 one without a contract?

10. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

That's correct. I phoned my local Apple Store and was told as long as I'm an 'authorized user' on my wife's account I will be able to pick up the iPhone. You can add authorized users on AT&T's website.