1 phone two watches?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by echo44, Apr 25, 2015.

1. echo44 macrumors 6502

can you have one phone and have two watches tied to the same phone.
    scenario: At work I wear my fancy ss watch, I go home and want to work out and play outside I wear my sports model?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

3. echo44 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JWalker1995 macrumors regular

you would have to reset the watch and set up the new one each time

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

6. echo44 thread starter macrumors 6502

this is true
    but wouldn't it be cool to have two watches? that way when that battery runs low on one at the end of the day and you are going to go out late, you can just use your second watch and put the first watch on the charger.

7. JoJack82 macrumors regular

I guess you will just have to get two phones as well.

8. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Doable, but a pain. When you unpair it, you wipe it, requiring to set up as new. You can make backups and restore to those backups each time, but to me, that would be a hassle if you have to do it several times a day. Would be better to use the right band for the right occasion instead.

9. mikep82672 macrumors newbie

I am in the same situation. I have the 42mm space grey sport and the stainless with classic buckle, with link bracelet on the way..May shipping.

You have to un-pair the watch that you are not using at the time and pair the one you are using. The easy thing is that you can restore from backup..just make sure the watches have two different names, as your iPhone saves multiple backups.

The only issue with this is your credit cards entered in apple pay will be removed when you un-pair. When you pair the watch that you are using, you will need to re-authenticate the cards with apple pay.