+1 to those who didn't wait

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HerrRolf, Oct 11, 2008.

1. HerrRolf macrumors newbie

I bought my Macbook two months ago, even when the rumors of a new Macbook were surfacing. So here's to all of those who bought one and is enjoying it right now, even w/ the looming update (oooh, aluminum case...WOW!!! ;) ). Give me a +1 if you agree...

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

i bought my macbook over a year ago and apple has offered me a replacement and i'm waiting till the fifteenth to tell them i agree to their terms
    :cool:

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

it will be my first ever mac,so im glad i waited,but if it were two months till the new ones,then id most likely get the current macbook.

4. MVApple macrumors 6502a

We still don't know exactly what is in the new macbooks. For all we know they could be aluminum, have led backlighting, and the siginficantly faster nvdia chips. All while coming at a lower price point.

You're a few days early with this thread. Once we know what the new macbooks bring then we'll see if those who didn't wait are happy with their purchase. :cool:

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So... they'll give you a replacement model of the one you have.

6. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

I'm in the same situation as Dybbuk. The Apple rep. said that I could pay extra to upgrade or just get a price-for-price replacement. I think price, not model, is the issue with Apple replacements. I'm confident that they will let me get one of the new MacBooks as my replacement, especially if I pay for one at a slightly higher price point than what I paid.

7. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I am glad that you are happy with your Macbook but you can't really make generalizations about the new version before its released. Its almost certain it will feature more improvements then just an aluminum case. We'll see on Tuesday ;)

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

REALLY. I'm so looking into this. I haven't had real-time graphical glitches, per say, but... I've had problems.

I'm so going to check. I just got it in August and I want a card that isn't broken.

But do I want it at the expense of full-size DVI? Hmm... We'll see. We'll see...

9. Ross1308 macrumors member

Lol +1 I bought mine yesterday :p. Screw waiting, anyone know what the prices are gonna be like on these things

10. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

LMAO... im not being nasty but WHY? I really dont understand people that do things like that... you no they will be announced on tuesday and possibly available pretty soon after.

Glad your happy with you MB though. I have a two year old BlackBook and still love it but need something with more power so going to get the new MBP when it comes out :)

O and no one knows untill tuesday!

11. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I don't see why anyone wouldn't wait a few days to get a better computer for no extra cost!

I've got a friend who wants to buy a MB, i kept telling him to wait, now finally he's stopped complaining at me for telling him to wait:p

12. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Why buy one yesterday when in 2 days you will be able to get a better, cheaper, more up-to-date Macbook? Besides that the price on the old ones will most likely be dropped way down then to get rid of the stock that they still have.

13. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

+1 got mine a few months back for school so it was needed.

..p.s. I will more than likely be selling it for the new model

aluminum<blu-ray

forget aluminum, for me PERSONALLY, blu-ray will be a huge selling point for me, having tons of blu-rays from my ps3 (that is now broke) and nothing to watch them on it will probably put me over the edge

14. Ross1308 macrumors member

I didnt wait because i got it for £599 not £699 and its my first ever mac so if im not happy with it, ill sell it, But so FAR

IM LOVING IT, so in the near future when im use to it, i will upgrade ;)

Obviously i understand why you thought it was stupid not to wait, but i hope you understand why i didnt wait

15. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

I just bought mine a little over a week ago. I knew nothing about the upcoming release, so I just bought it. :cool:

I'm going to upgrade the memory to 4gb and just enjoy it. If I need something with a killer processor and dedicated GPU, I'll build a new desktop PC.

16. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

dude, return it :|

17. deriko100 macrumors 6502

ARE YOUR CRAZY I would rather have aluminum i mean blu-ray cds are overpriced, useless, not needed and aluminum is wayyyyy better, better casing, better strength then plastic, scratchs less, dude your crazy what are you smoking?

18. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Blu Ray CDs?? is that kinda like those 8 track VHSs? ;)

19. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Hahaha. A thread to help people who couldnt waite feel better. Hahaha

20. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Or a thread for people who have better things to do then wait for a computer.

21. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

like post about how they had better things to do than wait for a computer

livin' the dream

22. marvel2 macrumors 6502

+1 for buying when you need it and not refreshing rumor sites in hopes of a new notebook update.

23. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The only thing that could have made me regret not waiting would have been the Aluminum case. Anything else and I would figure I could live with out it. By the sheer quality stand point the aluminum case is far superior.

24. funkyc macrumors regular

funkyc

except when in terms of wifi reception in which case it has been shown that the plastic cases are always better tan the aluminium cases....
    i really hope apple will do something abt that if they are to change everything to aluminium

25. Jpoon macrumors 6502

People wait for a lot of things.... lol
    This is a rumor site, based in a country that's engulfed by a society of people that are driven to be consumers and buy things just for the sake of buying them.

I'm not surprised people amass in forums to create threads about the woes about waiting for upgrades on computer hardware.