1 week iPad owner - forever to go..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macabouttobe, Nov 26, 2010.

1. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

Team,

Let me just say this is now our laptop in the family. Home base is an iMac of course for the heavy lifting. All 4 members of my family use it constantly. Not constantly at my hip like an iPhone of course, but quite the gadget right now. I'm loading software that means something to me and my family - I believe it will be an often used device. Is it rocking our world? Sure now, but the novelty will wear off. Something I have absolutely no regrets for purchasing? Definitely.

I timed the purchase of my iMac so perfectly in the technology/upgrade cycle that I'm personally taking the blame for the latest rumor of a "new one" in January:):)

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I do the same thing with the iMac. Between it and the iPad I'm pretty much set. :)

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Egg Zackly. These little "cool stories" were at least tolerable in April, you're kinda late to the party pal.

Check out Twitter, it's probably more to your liking

5. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Congrats. With 4 using it good luck only having one in the family. ;)

6. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Sent from my bathysphere
    "There is no reason for owning a BMW or an iPad 3G unless you intend to use them to humiliate the less fortunate."-boltjames

Somebody's signature line here exhibits a near fatal case of severe arrogance.

7. spiralynth macrumors regular

@op

Pretty impressive for a 1 week old to operate an iPad let alone own one. Really says a lot about the iPad. I don't know about forever, but you've got your whole life ahead ya kid, and I can already tell you'll do really well.

8. gatearray macrumors 65816

I'll gladly take another one of these "cool stories" over another whine fest about the mute switch change, and I'd bet that I'm not the only one.

"Wah-wah-wah, the orientation lock changed!" Boo-effing-hoo, get a life.

To the OP, it is a cool story. Most of us here are very accustomed to our iPads and take them for granted. To read about someone who just bought one 7 months after we did and it's sort of blowing his mind and changed his family's computing life makes me happy.

Reading about mute switches and possible "retina display" iPads for the ten millionth time makes me sad.

9. AldoRay macrumors member

This is probably the best post I've read in these forums. Very cool post, bro.

10. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Haha, I'm assuming you haven't had the pleasure of reading any of boltjames' posts? Do yourself a favor and search him up. I put a quote of his in my sig because I thought it funny, not because it's my mantra or anything ;)

11. bentrider macrumors member

Being a snarky d-bag isn't tolerable any month of the year.

Check out XBox live. It's probably more to your liking.

12. bentrider macrumors member

This is my combo now too. Replaced my old Macbook with an iMac and an iPad rather than a new Macbook Pro. Don't regret it one bit.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Well said - I couldn't agree more with you on this: It's great to hear someone else has "discovered" the iPad and is as thrilled with it as I am mine. I too get completely fed up of continual moaning about the mute switch, or people asking if they should but now or wait and get the next iPad!

14. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Great story I'm so sick of hearing people complain about that stupid mute switch